I have been MIA for a very, very long time (we're talking 2+ years ) but I'm back and have tons to share! These are 2 snakes that I knitted for my older kiddos.
Scraps for Dominic:
*This was made before I learned that knitting into the back of the stitch was not how one executed a proper knit stitch, hence the twisted stitches.
Skittles for Kaitlin:
*Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. These were taken on a cloudy/rainy day.
A few notes:
1. Pattern - Slithery Snake from the Knitted Toys book by Zoe Mellor. I love this book! It has so many adorable patterns in it.
2. Yarn - Various Sugar 'n Cream & Peaches 'n Creme
3. Needles - Scraps: size 5, Skittles: size 3. 5s were too big but 3s were difficult because the stitches were really tight. Of course tight stitches are ideal for stuffies, but it was difficult on my hands.
4. Tip: Knit this guy in the round! Scraps was knitted flat and it was a nightmare to seam up. For Skittles, I knit the head flat (because of the shaping) and then switched to dpns. It was much, much easier that way.
5. I have a 3rd snake OTN for my youngest as an Easter gift. I'm using 4s and it is going much smoother. I will update this post FOs soon.
6. Stuff firmly; the snake will get squishier over time.
Thanks for looking!