I used both of these as cards for friends getting married.
And for mrTrekky's valentines card this year, I opted for a bit of simple back stitch. I made a template of paper, and used a needle to press in holes around it on the card, before threading with embroidery thread.
Although I completely forgot how much thread back stitch uses, hence the two knots on the underside!
I saw this super cute pattern and knew that I had to make one. I used a variegated sock yarn and a plain one (I used my first Regia). I found some buttons in my stash jar that fitted perfectly - hurrah!
I like how the yarns work together, it would be great to have an adult sized one!
For this years Christmas Cards I printed using the polystyrene that you get at the bottom of shop brought pizza. I used a craft knife to cut out festive shapes, and using a pencil marked on indents (for the birds eye & tree decorations). I got to work printing using some acrylic paint, and then using pen added details.
I have had a bad case of pom-pom hat jealousy! Everywhere I go I seem to see chunky knitted hats with pom-poms, so was desperate to make my own. I used Tofino Surfer pattern by tincanknits.
I used two strands of double knit yarn held together (and managed to use up all my scrap yarn left from my granny square blanket). My gauge was a bit off so I followed the child / slouch pattern (my head isn't really that small!).
I am really happy with how it turned out (hence the toothy grin!). I shall be wearing it all winter!
For a yarnbomb in the local botanic gardens I made a watering can! I improvised the pattern, and if I was to do it again, I'd do it quite differently, but nevermind...
I used acrylic double knit yarn holding two strands together, in double crochet and triple crochet (UK terminology). I originally had teardrops on the end of the 'water' strands, but they kept tangling, so I cut them off to leave just strands.
So my NY resolution was to stash bust. I had been given lots of double knit yarn and wanted to use as much as possible. I picked the ten stitch blanket by Frankie Brown and got to work. Three months later I was finished, and I added an icord edging using this tutorial.
It is very bright and cosy! The finished blanket fits a double bed. I would recommend this pattern, you only ever have 10 stitches on the needles, so it is easy to pick up and do a few rows. There are ridges on the joins one side, and it is flat on the other.
The corners are a little complicated at first, but you soon get used to them, plus the bigger the blanket the more infrequent the corners! Now, to stash bust the other sizes of yarn!
I have just got round to trying illusion/shadow knitting. I had thought it would be really complex, but actually it is just knit & purl, with stitch markers (plenty of stitch markers!). A well written pattern helps too!