Photo by Averia
Swap name: EPP Hexie Fabric Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: craftADDchick
Sign-up date range: July 9 - July 23, 2016
Date to send item by: August 20, 2016
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 8
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap:
Are you an EPP junkie? Does the sight of neat little stacks of stitched up hexagons make you smile with delight? Do you have dreams of making a quilt with hundreds of hexies? Could you use a bit more variety in your hexie stash? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the swap for you!
In this swap, you will be exchanging 24 squares of quality, 100% quilting cotton
with up to each member of the swap. This may mean that you will have to send out of your country, but fabric squares are small and light, so postage should be lower. You may also have the option to swap finished hexies and/or a small item made with hexies (such as a pincushion, mug rug, etc.).What size squares do you need?
The size of the hexagon is determined by the length of one side. So, a 1" hexie has sides that measure 1" each. To determine the size of the square you need, refer to the information below.
1/4" hexie = 1" square
1/2" hexie = 1 1/2" square
3/4" hexie = 2" square
1" hexie = 2 1/2" square
1 1/4" hexie = 3" square
1 1/2" hexie = 3 1/2" square
2" hexie = 4 1/2" square
3" hexie = 6 1/2" square
So, it seems like the formula for the size of the square is: 2X the side length plus a 1/2".
So, a 2 1/2" hexie would need a 5 1/2" square (2 1/2" X 2= 5", plus 1/2"= 5 1/2")Note: If you need larger squares, but are partnered with someone who needs much smaller squares, you may want to consider sending your partner a few extra squares What do I need to know about sending finished hexies?
A finished hexie is one that has already been stitched into the hexagon shape. When sending finished hexies, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Please use card stock (or index cards) to make your templates so your partner can reuse them.
2. Please punch a hole in the center of the template to make them easier to remove.
3. Please be sure that your template is the correct size for your partner. Remember that a hexie's size is determined by the length of one side.
4. Please leave the template in the hexies when you mail them.
5. Please check with your partner to see if they would like you to stitch through the template to the front along the sides of the hexagon. (While this can hold the template in place, especially for larger hexies, some people don't remove the basting from the hexies. It can also reduce the number of times the template can be reused.)
6. If you plan to use glue to help to hold the template in place, please check with your partner first. Also, please make sure to use a glue stick that is specifically for use with fabric.What can I make with my hexies?
Well, if you don't want to make a quilt, I've started a board on Pinterest with some ideas for smaller projects. Check it out here: http://pin.it/pB0s5aT
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: EPP Hexie Fabric Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (Please write it in the proper format for shipping to your country):
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country (swappers with more than one partner may need to ship out of the country for at least one partner)? (YES/NO)
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Do you understand that you will need to get a tracking number if shipping within the US, or keep a copy of your receipt if shipping outside the US? (YES/NO)
How many partners would you like (1, 2, or 3)? First time swappers will be limited to one partner.
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home?Organizer will do her best to match partners based on this information:
What size fabric squares (see information above) do you need?
Do you want any fussy cut pieces? (YES/NO)
Do you want multiples of fabric pieces (i.e. If you plan on making hexie flowers, you'll need 6 of each fabric)? (YES/NO)
How many squares of each fabric do you need?
Do you want to receive hexies that are already stitched (see note above about how to send pre-stitched hexies)? (YES/NO)
Would you like to also swap a small finished object made with hexies? (YES/NO)
Is there anything else you woul
d like your partner(s) to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.