Swap name: Half-a-Hoopla
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: dontneedaclassroom
Sign-up date range: 8/4/14 through 8/11/14
Date to send item:This is a 2 Phase Swap!
- Phase 1 (make your base) must be mailed by 8/25 (2 weeks from end of sign-up)
- Phase 2 (finish your partner's hoop) must be mailed back by 9/12 (2 weeks +4 days for Phase 1 mailing time), or 18 days after your partner sends if they are late.
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Limited to 16 people
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES... ish.
If so, which country?Because there are 2 rounds of mailing, you and your partner must live in the SAME country.
If you live in the United States, you can sign up and get assigned a random partner as usual.
If you are living outside the US: we'd love to have you, but you'll need to find and invite a partner from your same country, and both sign up at the same time (within 2 days please). You will not be added to the swap until both of you have joined. Feel free to ask within this swap thread if you don't know someone already!
Additional Age requirement? NOSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
DETAILS OF SWAP:
This is a fast and fun swap to get you out of your comfort zone! One week of signup, then two crafty phases of two weeks each.
You will start a hoopla and then send it to your partner (Phase 1). Your partner will doll it up and mail it back to you, and you will get an awesome surprise when you see the result (Phase 2). For example, if you make the branches of a tree, your partner might finish it with button leaves or a bird nest or whatever they like.
Because most of the fun of this exercise is getting something completely unexpected, you are encouraged to keep an open mind. Note that there is a section in the questionnaire for things you absolutely would not be comfortable receiving/working on, but there is NO section for requests. Your partner will bring their own talents and creative spark to the project, and you'll do the same.
Please only send "extras" that are potential craft supplies for your hoop. For example, if your base uses a lot of a particular color of embroidery floss, you might send a skein of that floss as a resource for your partner to use when finishing the hoop. However, your partner is under no obligation to use the supplies (or to send unused supplies back)!
There is no point value for this swap. The goal is that when you finish your partner's base, you will match or exceed their level of effort.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Half-a-Hoopla
Your real name
Mailing address including the country:
Are you located inside the USA?If you are not located inside the USA
, you must find a partner who lives in the same country as you, and you must join the swap at the same time.
- What is the Craftster username of your partner?
- What country are you both in?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Are there any themes or media you absolutely would not be comfortable working on or receiving back? (For example, animal bones/leather, nudity, swear words, etc...)
Do you have any serious allergies that would prevent you from working on/enjoying a hoop that has been exposed to the allergen/s?
Do you have any major allergens in your home?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Please post in the swap thread before submitting your information.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:PARTNERS:BLUE
the package has been sentLIME GREEN BOLD
the package has been received by your partnerRED ITALIC
please contact me
1st round packages: scarlet_nights<- - - >dontneedaclassroomSiakelA <- - - > Juliel85jexxican
<- - - > ActsofCraftiness
Ffrogg526 <- - - > SlickMariaVic
moriarT <- AUS - > whenindoubtsew
2nd round packages:scarlet_nights
<- - - >dontneedaclassroomSiakelA
<- - - > Juliel85
jexxican <- - - > ActsofCraftinessFfrogg526
<- - - > SlickMariaVic
moriarT <- AUS - > whenindoubtsew
Swap Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435684.0