Let's bring in the New Year with our annual gingerbread house contest! Each year, we've had so much fun seeing your gingerbread creations. If this is your first year on Craftster, be sure to check out our previous years:
So, once again, it's time to get out those mixing bowls and get crafting! Your challenge this month is to make and decorate a gingerbread house. Any type of house is permitted (cottage, castle, etc.) as long as it has walls and a roof of gingerbread. Your entry must be made of edible parts, but it's not limited to sweets only. The only non-edible parts allowed are a base, lighting and/or electrical components. No gingerbread house kits for this challenge. No size restraints -- miniature to life-size houses are tasty and welcome for this challenge.
Additional Rules and Details:
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Dec 4 2014 - Jan 8 2015) only. Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
- On Jan 1 2014, there will be a special folder created for entries. Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of Jan 1 to Jan 8 11:59:59 PDT 2015. No sooner. No later.
- Voting will happen from Jan 9 - Jan 16 2015.
- The winner will be officially announced on the first business Monday of the next month -- in our February newsletter, on this thread and on the Craftster blog. We will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement, to get your prize package information.
- Enter only ONE project. Your entry can have multiple components to it.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project.
At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:
(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!