Swap name: Imbolc Garden Dreams
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Wulf
Sign-up date range: 12/25/2014 - 01/02/2015
Date to send item by: 01/24/2015
Limited to a certain number of people? NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESA magical gardening and herb swap in the depths of Winter? Why not? This is where our gardens begin: under the snow, in the seeds that lie sleeping til the warm sun calls them to life; in the seed catalogues that have already begun arriving in the mail; in the plans and sketches we've started making for the perfect garden we'll have this Summer; in the intentions we set now, like seeds planted in the rich soil of our imaginations. This is when gardens begin - Imbolc is a festival of birth and new beginnings, when the sun begins its climb back toward the midsummer sky. In many parts of North America and Europe, it's already time to start seedlings indoors for planting after Beltane. So it's the perfect time for a gardening swap - if we wait til Spring it's too late!
As in the Summer and Autumn, we can swap seeds, dried herbs, tinctures and preserves from last year's garden. To help our partners plan their gardens, there are gardening tips, plans, drawings, charts and calendars. In anticipation of the harvest to come, we can share recipes, spells and herb lore. And to brighten up the stark midwinter, we can craft garden signs, plant markers, gnomes and fairies, birdhouses and everything else that will go into the garden once the snow has gone. Plus, of course, there are lots of great extras that can be added, such as seed packets, catalogues, books, magazines, stickers, etc.
To join this swap, PM this questionnaire to the organizer, Wulf
Name of swap:Imbolc Garden Dreams
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Are you able and willing to post photos of the package you receive?
How do you describe your current religion/spirituality/tradition/magical practice?
Do you consider yourself a newcomer or have you been on this path for a long time?
Are you out of the broom closet (do your friends/family know you are Wiccan/Pagan/whatever)?
Are there any gods, deities, spirits, saints etc. that are especially important to you?
Are you okay with tasteful nudity in art (depictions of the God and Goddess, etc.)?
Are you planning a garden for this summer? If so, describe for your partner the garden you hope to have. Are you new to this, or an experienced gardener? If you aren't planning a garden for this year, how do you hope this swap will help build the garden of your dreams?
If you already know what herbs, vegetables or flowers you plan to have in your garden, list as many as possible for your partner.
Will your garden be for one primary purpose (medicinal herbs, magical herbs, flowers, vegetables, etc.) or will it be eclectic?
List a few of your favourite plants/herbs/flowers.
Will your garden have to be save for children (ie no poisonous plants)?
Are there any particular extras that you'd like to have?
Is there anything you do NOT want?
Do you have favorite colors, stones, etc?
Would you be willing to learn about and craft for someone else's traditions that may be different from your own?
Is there anything you wouldn't be willing to craft for because of your beliefs?
Do you have any allergies or aversions to anything? Are you okay with leather, feathers and other non-vegan materials?
What allergens are in your environment?
Is there anything else you want your partner to know about your garden plans?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
holistic knitter (Wales)
monnie31 ↔ Ludi
emilywilde → Wulf → holistic knitter → emilywilde