The outside zipper was the biggest pain in the ankles, and I'm so glad I laminated the fabric first. I bled a lot during and after the pinning. My sewing machine needed CPR twice during the process (once, because one of my pooches wanted to help and plopped down on the foot....argh )
I got the fabric on etsy by showpony....LOOOOOVE it
I decided to go with only one ID holder on the outside and a bigger coin zipper on the inside.
Accordion bill holder. Hello Presibama
Secret pocket for those heavier days o' the month
I had a lot of spine for some reason and at the same time was annoyed by having to find chapstick....and thought....ROOM FOR A SECRET CHAPSTICK POCKET
I added a strap to the outside pocket so my phone won't fall out.
Thank you deruyter2008 for putting up that tute. I love my new wristlet!!!!
I used a background fabric that, I feel like, makes it look a bit lunar surface, with the batty fabric on top of it. I'm so proud of myself, because I didn't have to buy anything. Both fabrics (and lining too) are from my stash. Due to the fact of me being a bat nut, I'm probably going to use it not just during Halloween. Not sure yet if I'm going to add long straps, or shorter ones....leaning towards short though. KK, done blabbering...here are the pics:
and here is the inside. I put in a pocket for my phone, camera (which is empty, because I'm taking a picture , and plannerthingy
I have a bathroom to decorate (strange underwater creatures) and decided to make a wartskin frogfish (yes, there really is such a thing as a wartskin frogfish ). Walter is made out of Activ Clay (love this stuff, but it'll crack!!!). He's about 11 by 7 by 7 inches and painted with acrylics.
Here he is from the side. I do have to say, I'm a little proud of the way his eyeball turned out
Here he is from the front:
And here is his fishy behind:
C&C's are always welcome!!!! Thanks for saying hi to Walter!
I wanted a spring wreath, but I could only find weird bunny-fuffoo ones, so I made my own. The frog eggs are plastic beads that I filled with black polymer clay and then glued together. The tadpoles, half-froggies and the amorous frogs are made out of sculpy and painted with warhammer paints (not sure what type of paints they are, but I love their consistency). I wanted to finish this project, so I could move on to the pasta portrait challenge so I just painted a gumball machine foggie instead of making him/her out of polymer clay.
I'm a docent at the Detroit Zoo. I needed a little purse (just for wallet, phone, chapstick and a little flashlight to point out frogs). I didn't find a cute one in the shops, so I decided to make my own in bug shape. The beading took the longest.
The bag is made out of quilter's cotton and the wing part is made out of some sort of sheer (this really inspired the purse)
This shows the backside (since it's a zoo purse I thought I'd go with leopard print), The inside fabric is covered in little black ants. It also has a little pocket for my cellphone.