The Relopement! The Recap!

This weekend Dave and I had our wedding celebration! Some of you are probably saying "what?! I thought you were already married?!" Well… yeah… in typical Dave & Leah fashion we didn’t do it quite by the book. We eloped at the town hall one year ago and for various reasons we didn’t quite feel it was the right time for a big ‘ol wedding celebration so we saved that for one year later. And that was this past Sunday!!

It was so nice. It really did feel like a real wedding. We had 130 people (I have a huge extended family), a ceremony with really nice readings, and we did our vows and rings for the first time. Dave and I were total cry babies!

The real pics won’t be ready for a little bit but here are some digital pics that friends and family have already sent us!

Me and "Mr. Craftster" as he’s known around here (also known as Dave!)

Our first dance — we danced to an acoustic cover of Such Great Heights by the Postal Service. The band who covered it is called Iron & Wine. It’s such a pretty song! You can hear a snippet here.

Me and my Dad dancing to Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the roof. (ack! it’s gonna make me cry again just thinking about it!)

Our flowers! We had pink gerberas and green hydrangeas. Our florist had us go to thrift stores (oh no! please don’t make us! ha ha) and pick up tons of old, small, mismatched vases for the flowers and then lots of people got to take them home.

And last but not least, my hot pink shoes!! Ha ha! They hurt my feet like hell but they were worth it!

The oh-so-awesome-we-owe-you-for-the-rest-of-our-lives Alison and Jerry did the music setup for us. We got to pick all our own songs and they played them through iTunes. Thank you guys so much!! The music and the dancing was my favorite part!

1. Val says:

My husband and I had our reception two months after we married. I really think that is the way to go. Ours was a nice reception to celebrate with family and friends.
    We had a bubble machine. We had a tired cake from walmart. I was so happy but a big part of that was due to the groom.

PS I want to get into more crafting. I mostly go to craft stores to do my art. I wish I could knit and sew.

2. jacktastic says:

CONGRTULATIONS LEAH!

Best wishes for you and your husband!

3. Dana says:

Mazal Tov! It sounded wonderful.

4. Leslie says:

Many congratulations! =)

5. Kirsten Spitzner says:

Awwwww! That is very cute, you’re making me get all teary eyed! I’m glad everything went well for you! Congratulations!

6. natalie says:

Congrats Leah and Dave!! What a beautiful event. I looove the pink shoes. :)

7. xamonster says:

Congratulations, Leah and Dave! (You two are so cute together.) I wish you both the best.

8. carrie m says:

so beautiful! i love all the personal touches. congrats!

9. Steve says:

Congrats on your new wedding !! now can you please do a book on how to find a great guy to marry ??? :) wishing the best of your days are yet to be lived together !

10. starla says:

congratulations leah!!! and great song choice! iron and wine’s cover of such great heights is beautiful!!! my friend played that at her wedding and i don’t think there was one dry eye in the room.

11. ysolda says:

congratulations :) your pics are so cute. I love your whole outfit too.

12. Isabella says:

congratulations!
    it looks like you had a lovely wedding :]
    also great to hear that you played an Iron and Wine song at your wedding, their music is amazing!
    x

13. val says:

Congrats! Looks like it was a wonderful time!

14. Samantha says:

I can’t believe you had Iron and Wine at your wedding. I love their music. Congrats, looks beautiful.

15. Amanda says:

I can’t tell you how happy this post makes me. My fiance and I have been planning a wedding for a few months now, but it felt…bizarre. This month we sat down and really talked it over adn decided that a wedding was not the thing for us. We proposed to our parents and family that we get married at the courthouse and that would be that. Then, with the money that no one would have blow on our grand party, we could really concentrate on buying a house. It makes so much sense to us, but our families aren’t buying it. I am the only girl in a house full of brothers, and Scott is an only child, so we understand the reservations, but it has caused so much stress and heartache already. So hearing that someone else saved the “wedding” for later and got married because it was right for them-I have my hope and faith restored. Thanks Leah.

~Amanda
    RockWaterFalls

16. Patricia says:

Congratulations! :)
    I love your shoes. Hot pink is my favorite color.

17. _chittybangbang says:

sounds like a beautiful ceremony! That song you “first” dance to with Mr. Craftster sounds beautiful! And I love that dress!

CONGRATS!

18. tinybits says:

congrats! you look very sweet. i love your dress and shoes..

19. susie says:

leah, you look STUNNING!

20. Bec says:

Congrats! You both look very happy.

21. CONGRATULATIONS to you & Mr. Craftster!
    You both look very happy.
    I love your dress!

22. ambala says:

Congratulations! You look so beautiful!

I’m getting married in November, and we picked the same wedding song as you! I love that cover, it’s so perfect.

Congrats again on your big day!

23. Brian Beck says:

Best wishes to you both -looks like it was a blast!

24. Rebecca says:

Oh! Congrats Leah and “Mr Craftster!” You two look so lovely and happy. Yay!

25. Jessica says:

Fabulous dress! Ya’ll look great. Congrats!

26. congrats! I love your boquet and you look beautiful!

27. kec says:

it isn’t an iron and wine cover of a postal service song, the postal service actually covered iron and wine’s original.

28. Awww that song is so beautiful, especially the accoustic version (although Postal’s is great for dancing like crazed five year old’s). And I too got a little teary eyed at your post, you both are so happy :D :D :D

And OMg pink shoes!

29. katherine says:

omg! my husband and i did the exact same thing — we eloped and then had a “real” wedding on our first anniversary. we just had our second anniversary and i tried to convince him that we really needed to have yet another wedding, but he didn’t buy it. we had pink gerber daisies too!

30. daso4 says:

congrats ans best wishes ..

31. Lindira says:

Your first dance song is the same as mine at my wedding!! I love “Such Great Heights” and the feeling it conveys.

Congratulations! I love the pink on your dress, and everything looked lovely!

32. Shannon says:

Hey! how did I miss this entry?! Congrats, you two!

33. Shannon says:

(p.s. better to be known as Mr. Craftster than Mr. Knitgrrl… just ask my boy) :)

34. Ciprian says:

Very cool. I m glad I came across this. All that royal wedding stuff was beginning to get annyoing. Who cares about royalty anyway?