Crafty Music Videos: Tricot Machine – Les peaux de liévres

Tricot Machine This is our second installment of our bi-monthly feature on crafty music videos! Did you forget about it? You won’t forget after you watch this video. The band’s name is Tricot Machine, which apparently means “knitting machine” in French. With a name like that, wouldn’t you expect a knit video? They also have other bits of craftiness strewn about their website and myspace in the form of pictures, album covers, and promo videos.

From what I can gather this video is made from 700+ different knit pieces. I believe they were done on a machine (which would make sense given the band name!) and although I can’t understand a word they’re saying, it looks and sounds gorgeous!

Tricot Machine || Les peaux de lièvres from Dare To Care Records on Vimeo.

1. Beth says:

I want a pair of the ear muffs they are wearing!

The video is beautiful tho!

2. autumnkisses says:

I really like this video too! If you are interested in other music by them but don’t speak french you can check youtube…here’s one for you guys with english subs

And if you are wondering what they are saying here are the lyrics en englais (in english)!

(Him)Your cheeks are red, boreal
    Your black hairs turns to white like the asphalt
    Hareskin is falling on Montreal (hareskin is a term for big, wet snowflakes)

We leave the party
    Snow crisps under our feets
    Snowflakes slowly dance in the wind
    (her) but its not because of the weather that I shiver

And our hands find themselves
    And our hearts beat quicker
    We say nothing to each other but we understand
    (her) Under the first whispers of winter

Desire hounds us
    We run through the back alleys
    We’ve been waiting for each other for so long
    (Her) The night promises to be so warm and so beautifull

Your cheeks are red, boreal
    Your black hairs turns to white like the asphalt
    Hareskin is falling on Montreal (hareskin is a term for big, wet snowflakes)

Voila! Hope this helps you..they do have lovely music!

3. Lisa says:

Oh, how I do love Canadian Music! The song is lovely and the video insanely creative!

4. Jess says:

I wonder what they did with all the leftover knit pieces? I think it would be wonderful if they assembled them into many, many afghans, and either donated them to shelters, or sold them for fund raising.I’d LOVE to have a music video blanket:)

5. Burgz says:

This is truly AMAZING!!! I love how the “hill” they climb up to luge is actually Montreal’s Olympic stadium.

The name of the band does mean “knitting machine” and the title of the song means “The Hare Skins” (hare as in wild rabbit).

I translated the lyrics so you can get the jist of the storyline. There’s a long of slang in the words, so this is a very rough (not word for word, but rather meaning for meaning) translation:
    _________________________________________________

Your black locks are turning to white like asphalt
    Hare skins are falling over Montreal

We eclipse ourselves onto party
    The snow cracks under our feet
    The snowflakes dance gently
    In the wind

But it’s not the weather’s fault
    If I’m alone
    And our hands find each other
    And our hearts speed up

We say nothing yet
    We understand each other
    These are my first murmurs
    Of winter

Desire is harassing up
    We run through the lane ways
    We’ve been waiting for each other for so long
    The night announces itself hot and so beautiful

You have boreal red cheeks
    You black locks are turning to white like asphalt
    Hare skins are falling over Montreal
    _________________________________________________

6. Burgz says:

Oops, sorry, I didn’t read the other comments before posting, so I didn’t see someone else had already translated the song… :/

7. Curli says:

I love Tricot Machine! I’ve been following them for a while and they are super.

FYI, the girl in the band is also the one that made all the knit panels. How cool is that?